Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Our hearts: how much can we handle

How much can our hearts handle? How strong is our hearts?

Today, this is what I have been thinking about.  How much can our own hearts handle stress or sympathy for others? As I receive a call this morning from a friend who has been hurting and wanted to be consoled by me. I am a good listener and a good friend.  I know there are times as a friend you can't do anything but listen to that person. Do you listen to your friends to help them through tough times?

After several hours listening to this person, I have come to reality that I have not only have the burden of my own situation but I've added several different situations from others to my already hurting heart. I understand that everyone needs a outlet to express themselves but where does it stop for me? This morning she really needed to vent her frustration which was fine for me but now I feel the pain she is going through.  She is not the only one I have been dealing with and as time progressed, I have built up other stress to my heart. As I have listened to others as their outlet, now I don't have an outlet to express the pain that has been added.  Yes, I have friends but not someone I really have faith in to guide me through things to make it better. What is your secret on handling yours and other peoples stress or worries?



No comments:

Post a Comment